Internships offered in
Logistics & Supply Chain Management
Logistics-Supply Chain Management
Computer Science-Data Science
Completed online application
Current Internship Openings
ISCO Internship Program
Independent Stave Company, a family-owned, dynamic, global company reaching customers in over 40 countries and cooperages around the world are looking for interns to join and work within our log procurement, manufacturing, and engineering departments. The interns hired for this position should expect to learn many of the facets involved in the manufacturing of white oak barrels and will gain valuable knowledge and skills to work within the hardwood and manufacturing industry.
Currently, we have opportunities available at many subsidiaries located in Missouri, Kentucky, Indiana, Ohio and abroad.Apply
Majors of interest:
- Bachelor of Science – Construction Management (comprehensive), Mechanical Engineering Technology majors
- Bachelor of Applied Science – Technology Management major
- Bachelor of Applied Science/Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science minor – Industrial Management
- Bachelor of Science – Logistics and Supply Chain Management major
- Bachelor of Science – Management major (Options: Human Resources Management; Administrative Management; International Business Administration)
- Bachelor of Science – General Business major
- Management Trainee
- Log Procurement
- Engineering-Quality Control
- General Internships-Summer
Skills & traits we look for:
- Strong work ethic
- Excellent verbal & written communication
- Ability to stay organized and prioritized in a fast-paced environment
Please follow us at:
Manager in Training at Independent Stave CompanyApply
The Manager in Training program is designed to develop and train our future leaders and management teams at Independent Stave Company. As a Management Trainee, you will learn all aspects involved in the manufacturing of white oak staves and barrels for our customers in the wine and spirits industry.
During your 12-14-month training period, a Management Trainee will split time between our stave mill and cooperage divisions. You will be assisting department Managers/Supervisors in all aspects of daily shift management by performing any necessary duties involved in the manufacturing of white oak barrels.
Please follow us at:
American Stave Company is seeking a self-motivated hard working individual to join our procurement team for an internship in Log Procurement. As an Intern, you will be responsible for analyzing field and mill inventories, purchasing logs, developing a supplier base and reporting all activities as required. This is a great opportunity for anyone that has a great personality and enjoys working outdoors.
This position is seasonal or adjusted depending on class schedules. The internship provides an opportunity to experience one of the many production phases needed to make white oak barrels. It is a potential starting point to becoming an integral part of our log buying and management in training programs for our stave mill and cooperage facilities.
• Responsible for maintaining and monitoring the log inventory at the various facilities for American Stave Company.
• Responsible for purchasing logs according to the company buying standard.
• Establish and develop positive long-term supplier relations through ethical, consistent and professional performance.
• Develop and maintain prospective suppliers by making calls and conducting on-site visits.
• Provide timely and accurate reporting of log inventories, purchases, suppliers and all territory management activities as required.
• Work closely with management to develop assigned territory in line with company’s objectives.
• Previous log buying experience is preferred.
• Willing to operate heavy equipment
• A desire to work in the wood products industry
• Well-developed organizational skills, and attention to detail.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Must demonstrate sound judgment and decision-making ability
• Computer proficiency in MS Office, Excel, e-mail and Internet functions.
• Must be able to travel and occasionally stay overnight.
• Competitive Salary and Bonus Plan
• Phone & Computer